Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Index Of Small Tits Jpg Is An Injured Small Bird Likely To Survive?

Is an injured small bird likely to survive? - index of small tits jpg

I rescued a young male great tit (Parus major) and my cat
http://www.garden-birds.co.uk/birds/imag ...
He suffered a wound under his wing seemed uncomfortable, but does not seem to penetrate too deep. I cleaned the wound as best I could with alcohol swab and apply an antiseptic cream. I left the little fella's the only way he can recover from this shock, then put on the table of the birds in my garden.

The good news is that he defeated a few seconds. Have I done enough? How would you rate your chances?
http://www.rspb.org.uk/wildlife/birdguid ...

3 comments:

Ambivalent LAUreate said...

It is difficult to know how to assess his chances. After all that would be if all the birds that have survived the race, we are with the birds, and, unfortunately, is far from reality. I think we did the best he could do under the circumstances, and the news of my experience is often the shock that kills - so that it exploded as soon gut. You can make a full recovery from his injury and did not, but I personally believe solely on the basis that if your cat has succeeded in a pitch black youths who were allowed to take an extremely small percentage of all birds survive by feeding them .

I fed my birds, and this is particularly important that I'm here on the heath with a relatively low for most of the "garden" birds. I have the health of the population. And yes, my cats over the years, captured and killed some, but aside from the terrible time when a new cat ISH made his way through a nest of wrens (she has a collar to), j "I really do not think that cats natural hunting had no effect on the levels of birds, and food became more decisive in their favor.

Bemo said...

Wonderful effort bless ---
Alcohol is a little difficult to open, wounds, the next time you clean the wound with a clean applicator of antiseptic cream.
If the injury is not possible the bird to its normal operation, then the nature take its course,
The cats ate natural hunter of small vermin, if you want to protect the birds, you do not, your garden, by winning with food and water for them. You want to keep Kitty May at the house during the day.

Prof. Bird said...

Cats have bacteria in their saliva as Pasteurella multocida. Cat teeth are like needles that inject the bacteria mainly in birds when captured. Pasteurella is a bacterium that birds have a natural immunity.

You have tried to do good, but next time have a cat, a bird caught Wildlife Rehabilitator or vet for some antibiotics. This increases the chances of the birds survive the bite of a cat.

You can also click on your cat http://www.abcbirds.org/abcprograms/poli site search ...

Post a Comment