Saturday, February 6, 2010

How To Build A Dry Stack Retaining Wall How To Build A Retaining Wall Flush Against A Sloping Driveway?

How to build a retaining wall flush against a sloping driveway? - how to build a dry stack retaining wall

I will try to explain what I can. I have a garden outside a drawing of my driveway extends to the road. The grass in the garden sloping road. The garden covers approximately 35 feet towards the door. This garden is outdated and in poor condition, but I like a garden. Therefore, I consider the entire area of the garden, but their updates, starting with a new retaining wall. I use the dry cell, pre-4x12 "and 2x12 tapas blocks, which are purchased at Home Depot. My problem is that more than 35 yards through the garden and entrance, the road descends after 4-5." Given the height of the wall and not step-ups/downs I can not do the ends of the wall plate against the surface of the road at both intersections. The goal is to not try at the wall level and at the wall level with the driveway step? It seems very difficult and does not seem to create aa very bad idea. However, both ends of color against the road surface and 4 to 35 meters, I have dOn't think it will be visible to the eye. Another option, which was tested is bookending the wall with a decorative element to hide the entrance wall and not the tail? Other ideas, opportunities, suggestions? Thank you.

1 comment:

rogerS said...

Do not level the wall is terrible! While it is easy to do, since I have seen many incompetent contractor to install outside the plane. When properly installed the wall and the level of the small difference on both sides of the wall is not noticeable. Thus, it is the best choice.

Post a Comment